Monday, July 7, 2008

Having so much fun!

I am having so much fun getting ready for the new house.... it has gotten me geared up for a few new projects... I am planning on doing Camryn's room over...long story short - her comforter won't fit her bed anymore.... Not to mention I love to change things! So I have convinced her that pink and chocolate would be so cute.... hence the board I made here. So I decided to work on painting a few pieces of wood furniture white... and I then it went crazy... (thanks a lot Monica!) So here are my 2 new projects....
Camryn's "new" bookcase..

Camryn's "new" table and chair set...

fyi... the chair only has primer so if you look too close... just know I still have to paint it white.... and the other chair didn't make the picture because it needs to be pained too...

I am so loving it.... the stripes were easy... just masking tape... and that wasn't something I was new too... but the circles - they took some planning... I checked the Internet for ideas, asked others, and I even went as far as to go to a paint store and ask for a trick... they had none! With that I came up with my own... I used contact paper... cute it in circles.. with my scrap booking circle cutters and then I could stick that right on the table and paint... and remove quickly! I still need to do a little touch up... but I had fun with it and Camryn loves it... she even colored me a picture to say "thanks"! Ahhhh!! What do you think? And don't worry - thats not the last project I have planned for her room... so stay tuned for more to come in future posts...

The house is making a little progress... they have our hole complete and filled the bottom with rock... so next they will put in the forms to pour the foundation... here are a few pictures from today....


pretty exciting stuff huh?

The weekend was great.... on the 4th we went to the annual BBQ at the Peter's house.. it was fun as always... Jen is quite the hostess... I didn't take any pictures... my battery in my camera was dead... I hate that... but Jen did and I will post some later... Saturday we spent the day shopping for the house.. fun fun stuff... and that night we just wanted a movie...Sunday Dean and Colby played golf... Camryn and I worked on her projects... and then we went to a BBQ at our new neighborhood and met lots of new neighbors... it was fun - hot but fun... there are so many little kids... I thought there were lots in our last subdivision....

anyway - back to Monday... we have a busy week and weekend - but more fun... so it will give me something to blog about!!! and of course I hope there are more house picture updates this week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CHOCOLATE AND PINK....YEAH, CAMRYN......GOOD CHOICE. YOU ARE SO TALENTED...MUST GET THAT FROM YOUR MOTHER! HEHEHE!

Jen said...

Pink and Chocolate is SO pretty...I was going to use that for my wedding colors until I changed it.

Cara said...

Hi Danielle! I'm so glad you commented on my blog, because now I can read all about you and your adorable family!

I grew up in Katy and lived in Spring/The Woodlands during college! How funny!