Monday, September 22, 2008

What an UGLY floor! ha!!

So here are some pics from the house today..... so excited..... I was trying to make a ticker count down for the move in date..... but it didn't look right when I posted it... any help from blogger world on that one??

On to the pictures...
All white trim and garage doors (with the exception of around the windows) will be painted the same color as our siding Tuscan Clay.... and the front door will be black, other than that the front is pretty much done!


I am in the kitchen looking into the living room - I LOVE the bookcases.... they will be stained still... and so will the mantle.... and of course you can see the shelves standing in the cases... but I was super excited with how they look!


This picture is me standing in the hall between the kitchen and the laundry room - with the view of the kitchen -- also loving how this turned out - although I am hoping to keep my counter tops a little cleaner than this! Looking forward to the appliances going in soon - they are in the garage now!


More of the living room from the kitchen...


From the living room looking back into the kitchen....


This is the view from my living room - of the stairs - still to be finished...


This is our master bath - sinks and counter.... love it!!


Our shower - minus a door - and tub - also a favorite.... can all the things be my favorites?!


More of the kitchen from the dining room... love my island... didn't have one of those in the last house!


This is the house from the back - need to pour the patio, and then this will be done - although one day I am hoping for a deck...


The picture you have been waiting for -- The UGLY floor!!! I tried to wipe off as much dust as I could - but you can still see it... there is a slight wave to the floor too - which is a little hard to see in this picture.... but all I have to say is I LOVE it!!


And in honor of the old man at the house....Camryn learned about the "old days" in school today.... to which she told me about how weird washing clothes was, and they had funny irons, and also that when kids got in trouble they had to sit in a corner with funny hats on while kids made fun of them -- and the last thing from the old days that she shared with me - was windows in cars that you had to crank open.... oh my!!! How OLD is that.... because I am pretty sure that I had those in my first car.... I am not THAT old..... and her young teacher STILL has them in her car... boy was Camryn disgusted!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't beleive how much they have gotten done since last week. It looks awesome. Don't forget to get the bookshelf guy's number (if you can). I am pretty sure that once I see how great yours look I am going to want to start saving for built in bookshelves.

Kristin said...

It looks beautiful, even the ugly floor!

My dad just got a new truck (2006) and it does not have power windows or locks :)

Lindsay said...

The house looks really beautiful!

fyi - I'm posting the tex-mex chicken tomorrow on my tasty tuesday :-)

Anonymous said...

Yep I am following your blog, and I plead to keep the pics coming and dont go MIA like you did! Hehe! =) I still cant believe this is your new house in the making - I am so excited for you and cant wait to stop by and check it out when all is said and done and you guys are IN it! Woohoo!

Cara said...

WOW! What an ugly floor! :) Just kidding, I love it. Your house has come so far in the past few weeks! It's gorgeous!

Weeksie50 said...

It is going to be so beautiful.

Kate said...

Love the house pics along with your mustard color backdrop on the blog.

k-

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog and miss it when you don't post. I admire that you can keep it up as I don't do so well. House looks great.