Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back for now....

Ok - so I know I haven't had any posts in a while... no really good reasons for that - time just seems to get away.... With that said - you people reading out there better start letting me know that your with me - so I keep posting... no its not a threat.... I only hear from ya when I don't post....

With that - here is whats new....

House is great - although I don't have any pictures for you.... I haven't taken any in a while - sad but true.... I only go by there like 5 times a day... I will get some tomorrow and post them.... (if you comment -- hehe!) But serious progress has been made.... and I am loving all of it coming together... There is a man working on my house right now - who is doing all my trim.... so he has been there about a week and will be there all week again... He is an older man, like in his 70's... but he asked me who picked out my foyer floor.... its hard wood (a picture of it tomorrow.. maybe :)... anyway I told him I did and he said - well its ugly.... no lie - just like that - I thought it was funny - I mean its ok that he doesn't like my floor.. I love it... he did however approve of everything else! I did tell him that I was going to make cookies and would bring him some..... yes even after he told me my floor was ugly.... but when the cookies were done - at about 2 - he was already done working.... the next morning I made a dozen cookies and took them out there - and said - here are the cookies I promised, fresh baked this morning... his reply was - I thought I was going to get those yesterday!! I laughed and said well you needed to work past 2..... he really is a funny guy and means no harm... he just says what he thinks.... and I have to love that about him!

Kids are good, still loving school and doing well...Colby has been busy..... with cross country 2 mornings a week, soccer 2 days a week, baseball game at least once a week, and a soccer game too!! We went to Jefferson City, MO for a soccer tourney last weekend - lots of kids there and of course - Cage Fights.... yes - nice mix...
we did have a good time though - despite the dinner wait, and the fire alarms going off in the middle of the night....a few times....Camryn is doing well too.... getting pumped as she just picked out her Halloween costume.... we will share later... and she is still loving dance, and soccer -- and also had her first Brownie meeting on Friday....

Well.. I am going to leave you with a few pictures from the soccer tourney, we were rained out on day 2 by Hurricane Ike -- yep - thats right - Hurricane Ike here in MO, and for those of you who know my parent's have a condo in Galveston - the reports are it did great in the storm with only minor damage... Thank God... have a great night... and looking forward to hearing from all you lurkers and friends out there!




4 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm glad you're back! Can't wait to see new pics of the house (and the "ugly" floor :) ).

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO MUCH NICER THAN YOUR SISTER.
AND YOUR FLOOR IS SO NOT UGLY--I THINK HE IS JEALOUS!

Kate said...

So glad to see you are back. I was worried. Didn't want to leave a commnent on the last post for I wasn't sure what was going on with you.

Post the pics NOW!
k-

Cara said...

I'm glad you're back too! I've been looking forward to house pics. :)