Wednesday, August 13, 2008

School Days... School Days....

Well today was the first day of school for my kiddos! Colby is in 4th grade this year and Camryn is in 1st... they are both at a new school this year.... since we are moving. Here are a few pictures from this morning....

Colby - looking oh so happy - he was a little nervous....

Camryn who kept complaining "the sun is in my eyes!"


Maybe somewhere deep down inside they do like each other?!?!


And since I had total freedom today... this is what we did....

Coffee with the girls.... and well a little Baileys too... Go Jen!

Dean said he wished he had my job.. and I said - well today I bet you do - but I earned this day! Lots of hard work went into this 1st day of both kids being in school all day!! About 6 years of staying home! I wouldn't change it -- just hard work!

I am happy to report.... it was a GREAT day.... I believe the exact words were... "We LOVED Geggie... even more than Eureka!" Now to all our Eureka friends out there... just know that this made me happy today ONLY because it is important that things go well for them at the new school.... we DO love Eureka and it was VERY hard to leave for us.... but glad they are going to be happy at Geggie all the same!! So with that at least I haven't "ruined their lives" by taking them away from Eureka..... at least not today!

1 comment:

Cara said...

How adorable did your kiddos look on their first day!? They both seem to be really outgoing, so they shouldn't have any trouble at all making new school friends.

You definitely earned the coffee and Bailey's! :)