Monday, May 19, 2008

Is He Real?




Who would have known that I would have something new to blog about already!!! My son, Colby, came into the living room after his shower tonight and said he had a question, he didn't want me to be mad, and he didn't want to ask with his sister around... and then he asked the big question.... "Is Santa real?" First of all, I was totally taken off guard - it is May and although the weather in St. Louis just stopped feeling like winter..... it is almost summer!! I told him over and over that if you don't believe he won't come.... but that wasn't what he needed! He became pretty frustrated with me and said he really wanted the truth, don't lie and just please tell me.... all these years I said I would NEVER say those words... but I had too.... "No, Santa isn't real...." it about broke my heart!!! I did tell him that I was very glad he didn't say anything in front of Camryn and that he was NEVER to tell anyone! He seems to be relieved..... but I am a little sad... I guess I should be happy he made it this long!! After he thought for a moment, he then said... "So I guess the Easter Bunny isn't real either....."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww man Danielle, that is one "milestone" I dont want to hit - it will feel just like it did for you with Colby! What a great big brother tho that he didnt talk about it in front of Camryn, you know?